Fact: People have been volunteering to get needles stuck on their arm for a beauty boost.
They go to dermatological clinics to get vitamin drips, an intravenous treatment that promises to increase one's energy and/or to create a brighter-looking complexion.
The main ingredients of these infusions are often vitamins, collagen, and sometimes, glutathione.
But now, dermatologists are warning against taking these glutathione drips, or any glutathione product, for that matter.
The Philippine Dermatological Society recently released a statement warning against the possible and dangerous side effects of getting a glutathione drip. It's been reported that the Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) "has approved oral glutathione products as nutritional supplements only."
What about the drips? They've only been approved as a "drug to protect cancer patients from nerve side-effects of platinum-based chemotherapy."
According to the report, glutathione drips used for "cosmetic purposes" pose serious risks to the person getting them, namely: acute renal failure, severe drug reactions, vasculitis, anaphylactic shock, and many documented side effects based on studies on IV glutathione used as skin whitening.
In addition to that, they also state that no glutathione product in the world has been approved to be marketed as a skin whitening agent, as neither the scientific evidence for its safety has been established. Clinical trials must be done to prove its efficacy, determine the right dose needed, find out how long its effect lasts, and know what types of skin pigmentation it can work on.
With numerous clinics offering glutathione drips and brands selling whitening products with glutathione today, it's important to take note of all the pros and cons of something before ingesting it or injecting it into your body.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by the luxxeproducts.com editors.*
Select the link below of the products you want to buy. Start living healthy and beautiful with Frontrow products.
Here are helpful blog posts that may help you
- Create your own online store
- Learn 24 FAQs about using Luxxe White.
- Luxxe Renew 8 Berry Extract an Anti-aging and Detox.
- Luxxe Slim the most effective weight loss supplement.
- Luxxe Protect an immune booster and disease prevention.
- DD Stick first-ever most advanced skincare combination BB + CC Cream.
- Instabright body cream gives instant whitening skin and progressive.
- The 3 Best Skin Whitening Celebrity Soap of Frontrow.
- 01 Skin Whitening Bar Primary Whitening and Skin Renewal System.
- 02 Oatmeal Exfoliant Bar Moderate Whitening and Exfoliating System.
- 03 Orange Papaya Bar Extreme Whitening and Skin Clarifying System.
- The Steps to login Frontrow Membership Account.
- How to Join Frontrow for Personal Use of Products or Earn.
- Christina Blue 22 Tips How to Use Luxxe White.
- Dave Villanueva Luxxe Products Transformation now Millionaires Club.
- How to Identify Frontrow Fake Luxxe White vs Original.